Teetering

always on the brink, trying never to show it...

Saturday, June 17, 2006

the neverending year

I seem to be embroiled in a school year that just won't end.

I'm not entirely sure how or why it has happened, but here I am. Everyone around me happily tra-la-laing their ways through their days, summer vacation spread blissfully out before them, while I prepare a 17 page report and motivate myself to sit through a very long meeting on Monday morning, complete with lawyer and advocate.

I want to scream and cry and throw myself onto the pavement just so that I can be entirely certain my point has indeed been made.

My only consolation is that I do not seem to be alone in my feelings. I am joined by many of my colleagues who feel similarly to me. That makes me feel a little bit better. Why just today at a birthday party that made me see how very little I do for my kids, I had a conversation with one of the principals in my district, who happens to be married to the poor woman who will be the administrator at my meeting from hell on Monday, and he evidently feels the same way.

It just won't end. Not only is school *still* not out, once it's finally over for the students, I'll have five more entire days after that to continue working.

*sigh*

It just won't end.

On the bright side, it's going to end very soon. And then I get to go on vacation until late August.

It's just that it keeps stubbornly keeping on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home