Teetering

always on the brink, trying never to show it...

Monday, November 28, 2005

job interviews

So today at work we interviewed victims to join our workforce. Of course, there was one favored candidate before we ever hit the table, but I generally try not to be obvious about it. Not so with my ever so subtle friend sitting next to me. During the interview of said candidate, he quietly pulled a small napkin onto his interview question papers, wrote various instructions to the candidate about what the correct answers were causing me to viciously kick my neighbor. That's all I need--another round of interviews because my sappy friend doesn't believe in the candidate enough to let him do his own talking. He was head and shoulders above the rest anyway.

In other bits of news, spouse took our son to the dentist today to have that tooth that his sister kicked in on Thanksgiving morning removed. Being the nice and accommodating person that she is, she gladly removed two teeth for my dear son. He's so happy. Came home and grinned broadly at me, allowed me to snap several pictures with the digital camera. I'd forgotten what his toothless grin looked like. It's been several years and I try not to think about the colicky period of hell anyway. But suffice to say that the parrot living behind us at the time learned how to cry my son's cry so well that once when my son was sleeping in my lap and the parrot started in--wah! wah! wah! WWWAAAAHHHHH!--I couldn't figure out what the hell was going on and kept looking around for the other baby that I'd obviously misplaced. I wondered if I'd gone psychotic for a minute. That actually came later when the sister arrived to join her borther in mayhem and mischief. At least she wasn't colicky, just at death's door. You know, it's all good when there's no colic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home